The flexibility of Vision has been an integral part of the solution since it’s early days. The ability to add new tabs to screens, new fields to screens, and change fields has allowed firms to handle information that may be critical to their firm. Within Vision, we use the term “Info Center” to describe the key record areas for information such as Projects, Clients, Contacts, Opportunities, and so on. Now, within Vision 7.0, you have the ability to add User Defined Info Centers. This means you can add entire new record areas to track information that you typically have tracked in spreadsheets or in other tools. This new capability is part of the core Vision solution, so it is part of the upgrade to 7.0.
So what are some things we have heard people talking about adding with User Defined Info Centers?
- Track resources in many different offices, including where items are stored and who has currently borrowed a resource.
- Track potential new hires in a separate Info Center without cluttering the Employees Info Center or having to filter employees.
- Enable employees to request approval to attend a training; use workflow for an approval process by the supervisor.
- Include fields for Who, What, When, Cost, Business Needs, and Benefits to the Company.
- Include post-training certification with notes and attendance documentation to be completed by the employee.
- Engineering firms often store documents for clients as a service and some documents might go back 50 or 60 years.
- An offsite storage Info Center can document where a file is located including the shelf/box number, how long it should be kept, when it can be purged, who had it last, and the type of media (such as design plans or CD).
IT Service Requests
- Report issues to IT.
- Include fields for priority, type of problem such as hardware or software, and description of troubleshooting steps.
- Some fields are available to IT only.
So what other ideas do you have for information that you want to track?