I find myself continually asking customers, “Have You Seen Vision Lately”? If you haven’t seen Vision lately (even in the last few months), it’s time to take a look again.
Deltek Vision 7.2, Navigator 1.7 and Touch Time and Touch CRM 1.2 were made available in December. Haven’t upgraded yet? Let’s take a look at what’s available to you…
Deltek Vision 7.2 – Do More
Along with improvements and enhancements to the user interface, here are some of the great features you will be receiving with this newest release
Deltek Vision 7.2 now offers Timesheet auditing for better controls on timesheet entry and timesheet correction.
Timesheet auditing helps firms avoid revenue shrinkage by avoiding losing hours that could have been billed, helps firms have control around who is making time changes, minimizes the time it takes to correct errors in time recording and gives visibility into corrections and changes that are made to timesheets.
This feature stores the details of what was entered on a timesheet, what was changed on a timesheet by whom, when the changes were made, and explanations for why the changes were made. The audit log records all changes to the timesheet with an employee, time and date stamp for the changes. There is also an option to require an explanation of the change.
Also included is floor check, which is a process required by the DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) to insure compliance for those firms doing work with the Federal government.
Timesheet auditing allows for transfers, which give additional controls on time changes even after the timesheet is posted.
Deltek Vision 7.2 offers additional integration with Deltek’s Collaboration tool, Kona (www.kona.com). Now firms can collaborate easier in the business development and project management processes right from Vision.
Vision opportunities are integrated with Kona for efficient collaboration around opportunity management. This integration helps firms improve communication and accountability around the proposal process with Kona’s group task management and conversations in context of the proposal. Additionally, it allows for a smoother way to review, provide input and conduct the approval process around a proposal.
Vision projects are also integrated with Kona allowing for the creation of a Kona space right from your project. From here you can collaborate with the project team including the client and contractors all from one space. The benefits to this type of collaboration allow you to build a strong relationship with the client and have everything anyone needs to know about the project in one place. Getting new project team members up to speed quickly mid-project is also much easier with everything in one space.
Globalization tools to help your firm expand into new markets around the world. Even if you are not doing business internationally these features add power and flexibility to Vision:
- Multiple tax code support and improvements to tax analysis report
- Improvements in bank reconciliation and payment processing
- Refinements to EFT
To gain access to Vision 7.2, simply log into Deltek Software Manager through Customer Care Connect and select Vision 7.2.
Vision Navigator 1.7 – Succeed More
This latest release of Deltek’s Vision Navigator – boasts deeper integration with Kona Business – the project collaboration tool that equips people to connect, organize, discuss and get things done around their projects, gives the ability to print timesheets and we’ve added new project dashparts giving a PM a quick visual of the overall status of their project.
- Timesheet Reports: You can now run a detailed or summarized PDF of your timesheet, which means, you can now print your timesheet!
- Timesheet Revision Auditing: A new feature of Vision 7.2 will honored in Navigator 1.7 if configured in Vision 7.2.
- Dashboard Charts: We’ve added 2 new Project charts and re-organized the “Switch Dashparts” dialog to make it easier, now that we have 12 dashparts!
- Kona Widget: A new Kona widget – available when Kona is loaded as an app – has replaced the old Kona panel in Navigator. With this new widget you can now add, view and include details in conversations, tasks and events. Note that as of this release, a subscription to Kona Business is required in order to take advantage of the complete Kona/Navigator integration.
- Multi-Lingual: Navigator is available in all supported languages.
- Forgot Your Password/User ID: If you forgot your password or User ID on the login screen, you can click on the link to send your User ID or reset your password.
To gain access to Vision Navigator, simply log into Deltek Software Manager through Customer Care Connect and select Vision Navigator.
Deltek Touch CRM 1.2
New with version 1.2 is the ability to view activities
With Deltek Touch CRM for Vision, Deltek Vision CRM customers now have access to critical information they need – anytime, anywhere! Available at no charge for Vision CRM customers who are current on maintenance, Deltek Touch CRM allows you to:
- View, add, edit or delete contacts and clients according to your Vision security role
- View Activities
- Manage Opportunities
- See user defined fields in contacts, client and opportunities
- Make a phone call or send an email with the touch of a button
Gain 24 x7, easy and secure access to CRM data.
For more information on Touch CRM click here.
Deltek Vision Touch Time 1.2
New with version 1.2, start and end times
Touch Time 1.2 is the newest version of mobile time for Vision. Touch Time allows Vision users to enter time from anywhere at any time, from their mobile device and is available at no charge for customers who are current on maintenance.
For more information on Touch Time please click here
What should you do ?
- Download Vision 7.2 now and make plans to upgrade soon!
- Take a closer look at Navigator and see how your firm can benefit!
- Be mobile and start using the free Touch apps!